Constant ad popups of LG Android phone

Posted 26 May 2018 – 09:41 PM

A couple of days ago I contracted a virus on my LG M-322 Android phone the pops up ads every few seconds. I downloaded and ran the ree version of Malwarebytes for Android but it di.dn't find anything. The phone is almost useless now. Any help would be appreciated as I am not really an Android person

Posted 26 May 2018 – 10:14 PM

There are a number of major antivirus makers who have free versions on the Google Play store.

I'd certainly at least try working my way through these, one at a time, and removing each before installing the next if what you've tried so far has not managed to remove the offending virus.

Remember that malware scanners and virus scanners are not scanning for the same things, at least not for the most part.

Edited by britechguy, 26 May 2018 – 10:15 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

Posted 26 May 2018 – 10:21 PM

Can you be a little more specific? I am leery of just downloading and installing anything labeled antivirus as I tend to not trust such apps at face value. Thannks

Posted 26 May 2018 – 10:37 PM

Like I said, stick with major makers.  Look at what turns up on:  https://play.google.com/store/search?q=antivirus%20for%20android%20phones%20free&c=apps

Stick with Lookout, AVG, Avast, McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky – the names that everyone knows that have been around the antivirus world on any platform you can name for decades now.

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

Posted 26 May 2018 – 11:02 PM

Posted 26 May 2018 – 11:12 PM

The only other thing I can suggest is heading over to the Android dedicated forums such as androidforum.com or xda-developers.com, to name two, and ask there.

That's what I've done when I had "heavy duty" issues I needed to resolve with Android devices.  Good luck in finding a solution.

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley